Saturday, August 06, 2005

Complaint #1

My first complaint:

I hate it when I make meals and my husband does not come to the table b/c he is finishing a computer game. I real reason like a work phone call, a true errand, traffic problems, are all fine. A stupid computer game is not okay, it’s selfish and when he does this, I want to throw the whole meal in the garbage. Usually I tell him dinner will be ready in 15, 10 , 5 minutes…NOW! And if he does not come I just start eating and hating him.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jax Peach said...

Oh my God, my boyfriend does this and it drives me insane. I told him very succinctly one day, "it really makes me angry when I go to all kinds of trouble to prepare a meal for you and you can't even have the decency to arrive when it's hot. I'm going to stop cooking for you, if you can't get up from your computer when I tell you it's ready." He knows it's my hot button now and he doesn't do it. The first time, it's "dinner's ready, honey," the next time it's a very stern, "Len." And he gets up.

6:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My husband does the same thing. Is this a genetic male trait? After spending an hour cooking dinner, the least thing he could do is get to the table on time! I feel your frustration!!

10:19 AM  
Blogger The Missus Complains said...

Thanks Gals for the comments, there's more to come. Pass it on.

10:32 AM  
Blogger Lil Bit said...

Oh boy. Hubbies & meal time. Yep, it's genetic. This one will get him. Just say, "I'm NOT your mother! (they hate that. lol) Either eat when it's ready or fix your own."

7:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home