Friday, August 26, 2005

Cranky

When someone is cranky, in a bad mood, for reasons they can't put their finger on. But it's not an ache or pain, they did not get fired and they did not get in a car wreck, do they have an obligation to themselves and to those in their lives to try to lift the black cloud? Maybe take a bath, see a comedy, go on a run, take a walk, listen to some music... What do you think?

Or do you think that just doing nothing, and forcing your partner to eat alone, possible sleep alone or to just having to deal with not being able to interact with you an okay thing? So your in a bad mood, you have been quite a bit more lately. What am I supposed to do? Just make your dinner, eat in silence and spend time by myself until I'm exhausted and fall into bed? Well?

4 Comments:

Blogger The Bionic Babe said...

Um, this is precisely the fight A and I have been having. So my opinion, while perhaps a little biased, is that it's one thing to have a bad day, even a bad week. It is another to sulk around with a black cloud over you for an extended period of time.

People go through rough times, and it's our job to support loved ones in down times, be understanding and all. To a point. But at some point I think people have a responsibility to find the positive things in life to focus on and figure out how to be a happy and pleasant person to be around.

11:16 AM  
Blogger The Missus Complains said...

thanks for stopping by, these are my sentiments exactly. universal isn't it.

11:31 AM  
Blogger kelly said...

Just a quick post to say I luv your blog. What a concept! Hope things in the marriage improve. I've been there, believe me. So has my husband, being married to an Alpha-Bitch like me! [blush]

2:37 PM  
Blogger NewYorkMoments said...

Aren't blogs great? I say rant, rant, rant!!! Hope it releases some tension.

6:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home