Wednesday, March 01, 2006

The Traveling Salesman

My husband is not a salesman but he does have to travel quite a bit for work. Oftentimes he is gone from 6-10 days. I used to feel glum as I drove him to the airport but this time I had my head up in the clouds.

The minute I got home I called my cleaning lady up and made an appointment for a thorough spring cleaning. She and I worked for 4 hours the first day and 3 hours the second day. The house was turned upside down and with no man in site. We dusted the furniture, oil the wood, cleaned all windows and glass, cleaned the oven, stove, under the kitchen sink, bathroom, even the balcony got a scrubbing. After the second day, I went out bought three bouquets of flowers and spread a little color and joy all over the apartment. With clean sheets on the bed, I was looking forward to a week of no black hairs from the electric razor in the sink, no under ware or socks on the floor, no extra dishes in the sink (as he can never bring himself to put them in the dishwasher). I was planning to just relish in a clean and beautified house. I went to lunch with some friends while he was gone, gave a little dinner party for 6, did errands, read a bunch of girlie magazine, and went to the mall. Now as he is due to come back home, I am antsy in a whole new way. I miss my husband.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home