Thursday, November 10, 2005

Secret Sauce

Our lives are trudging steadily along better than last month. We had a few guests come over; it's amazing to see how good friends can lift your spirits. The hubby was happy, conversational, and really delighted to have the company. We went out to dinner, walked about town and basically hung out as we got to know one another again.

Our one year anniversary is coming up very soon. I have not felt like a newlywed in many, many months. This move, this job that he hates, my homesickness all have taken a toll on our marriage. For my anniversary I've asked for a home cooked meal by my husband. He is a great cook and for the last 8 months has not lifted a finger in the kitchen. I hope to get his creative juices flowing again, as he used to be very proud of is skills.

Sometime almost two years ago, I came over to his apartment for a little dinner and dessert. While I was eating a homemade pear strudel we chatted:

"Wow, did you make this?" I ask.

"Yes I did, want to know my secret?" he asks?

"Yeah sure, what's your secret?"

"It's the sauce, it's creme anglaise" we say creme anglaise in
unison.

"I know what sauce this is, I make it myself" I say. "It's fantastic."

"You know how many girls I've gotten with that sauce and my pear strudel?"

"No, how many?"

"Lots."

"Really, do they basically start stripping and gyrating after the first bite?"

"Yeah,basically."

"Well I am not most girls!" I proceed to throw a well aimed fork right at his
shoulder. I think that taught him a lesson.

"Ouch, you threw a fork at me."

"And my point is, don't say things you know I won't like. Especially while I am eating."

The End

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home