Thursday, October 06, 2005

Back in the Saddle

The "man" is back and once again there is someone to warm the bed beside me. I thought I even missed his snoring while he was away. When I heard that familiar chortle and drone, I realized I did not. I did however miss having someone in the house with me. Being alone was never my forte and the day after he left I felt myself experiencing a bit of anxiety. That week I ate alone, slept alone and stayed up late because I dreaded an empty bed. Living solo is not my cup of tea.

While he was gone I distracted myself to make time march forward a bit less noticeably. I cleaned the house throughly, dusted, swept, mopped, vacuumed. I wrote letters, composed e-mails and organized everything...I dealt better with the alone time than I thought I would, except I did make one call to the crisis hotline. It was on the night he went away, I thought I was having an anxiety attack and needed someone to calm me down. After the chat, they had to go b/c someone else needed attention. It helped a bit, mostly I felt silly for having called. After a good cry, I fell into a fitful but long sleep.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sounds like you're going through a very rough time. I hope you enjoy your weekend with your hubby and everything gets better for you.

10:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home