Saturday, August 27, 2005

The 4 A's

I was listening to an radio show a while back and they were talking about marriage. What I picked up was there are three good reasons to leave a marriage. Basically 3 A's:

1. Addiction(s)
2. Abuse
3. Affairs

I think there needs to be a 4th A and that is

4. Apathy

If I was not married to you I would ditch you and say to myself "he's just not that into me." But I can't, not yet, you are just too far away from me right now. Even having sex with you is no fun anymore. You lie there, say nothing, do you feel anything for me anymore? It gets harder and harder everyday.

How was dinner alone tonight? You work, I cook, shop, iron, clean. I agreed to all that, I have no problem with it but every night that you choose to let me go to bed alone, you will now eat alone. I don't want to argue but for you to see you are not treating me with respect and with regard. We've talked about it and there has been no change, this is a desperate attempt.

4 Comments:

Blogger Mahd said...

Have you thought about a marriage counselor? It's tough, being married- there are numerous things that change when you do say those vows, countless things to notice.

Sometimes we need an outsider to see both sides, and only then can we progress.

2:32 PM  
Blogger The Missus Complains said...

There's no time or money. Since I am trying to remain anon. it is hard to explain our situation. You're assuming a marriage counselor is even available here.

3:17 PM  
Blogger kelly said...

i was wondering about your blog - are you interested in hearing people's suggestions, or are you just wanting to vent? it seems a lot of people want to give advice, altho' you haven't asked for it... just curious!

5:22 PM  
Blogger The Missus Complains said...

Sheriff, we talk, how do you talk to someone who doesn't know how to make things better or can't. All the talking drains the energy our of him and he is helpless to do anything, and so were are stagnant.

Kelly,
you can suggest anything you want. I am open to it all.

8:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home