Friday, September 23, 2005

Would This Bother You?

Last night after a late night out, the hubby goes up to the apartment as I park the car. I am without house keys. By the time I end up at the front door, it's 3 am. I knock and have to call him on his cell phone a few times before he opens up. I can hear him in his office on the computer.

After he goes to bed, I go over to see when he was so busy working on that he could not open the door right away for me. I see a short note to his ex about how old her baby is.

The next morning he tells me since is going on a business trip to City XYZ, he is going to buy a gift for a male friends' baby and wanted to get his exes baby a gift too. He said he was gonna mail it to her. Yeah right! He has not contacted his ex is 2 years, they are not friends, she is a psycho bitch who crashed his car, cheated on him, let her druggie brother into their apt. (in which he stole a few things), so needless to day they have not kept in touch.

I questioned him and he said he thought it might be a nice idea, I thought it was inappropriate. It hurt me to think he was thinking about her baby and maybe her too. He thinks I am making a mountain out of a mole hill. He said outright that he did not think he was doing wrong by me in any way? He agreed not to buy the baby anything if it bugged me so much, but he just could not understand why it bugged me at all? What do you think?

3 Comments:

Blogger neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

I think you'd like the blog, My boyfriend is a twat. She's hilarious, so is he.

12:17 PM  
Blogger The Bionic Babe said...

I think the main problem is that you all are disconnected right now. Contacting his Ex all of the sudden and wanting to buy a baby gift is a little strange, but it really could be innocent on his part. I think the problem lies in the fact that you all aren't approaching things as a team. Meaning, you feeling you need to snoop, and him feeling the need to get defensive about things.

The conversation should be as simple as you telling him something makes you uncomfortable and him saying, "I didn't realize it would make you uncomfortable. I won't do it."

This reminds me a lot of the issue I had with A not stopping the overly flirtatious friend/ex-hook-up. It shouldn't have been a big deal, except that we weren't approaching each other with an eye towards compromise, we were both stubbornly distrusting each others motives.

You and the hubby need to reconnect and this other stuff won't seem like such a big deal then.

12:50 PM  
Blogger Lil Bit said...

Is the baby his?

8:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home